Friday, November 4, 2011

I no longer eat that!

"I no longer eat that." This has been a comment from Sarah Beth on more than one occasion lately. It is not, "I don't like that," but that she just no longer eats a particular food.  When I ask her why, her response has been, "I'm just tired of it."  It started me thinking about how often I choose the same foods over and over again, never venturing away from traditional classics.  Part of starting this blog was to expand our palate as a family and get the kids to try different things.

Out of four children I have only had one picky eater. He was afraid of condiments, vegetables and meat that was not steak or hamburger. He eventually went away to college, met a girl and she has expanded his palate. He is still pretty picky but he has ventured to other meats and will include peas in a meal. The others have been pretty adventurous, willing to try anything once. So why have I  become the resistant one?

I think it has been laziness not from lack of wanting to try new things. Am I the only one who has gotten into this rut? Do all my friends who I assume have wonderful meals planned each and every meal really just fall into the same food gutter that I do?

I start this day determined to get out of the food gutter and scale to food utopia. So I am going to kick the same old same, old habit and start making a new choice at one meal each day.  Today I am picking a new casserole recipe. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment