Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Colored Cauliflower..Yes it is Orange!


Sarah Beth and I were walking through Central Market and found an interesting object today. Cauliflower in green, orange and white. We wondered if the colored varieties would taste different from the original white version. I had found a recipe for cauliflower mashed potatoes that Sarah Beth was willing to try. Orange mashed potatoes sounded fun. The verdict?

Sarah Beth: If I closed my eyes, I couldn't tell the difference between real mashed potatoes and the orange cauliflower mashed potatoes. I liked the way it looked on my plate next to the green beans. The cauliflower was very buttery. I voted "Yes" we should add the colored cauliflower to our regular meals.

Michele: I agree with SB. The orange cauliflower was very buttery and I added no additional butter. The key to making them taste like mashed potatoes was whipping them with the mixer. This will be added on a regular basis to our meals. This is a better choice than regular mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment